I chose to go into nursing because
- I wanted to be in the medical field
- I liked science in school
- I wanted job stability and a wide availability of jobs
- I NEEDed opportunities for change because I get bored
- I wanted to work in a fast-paced environment
Nursing fits all of those requirements well. I worked in an outpatient pediatric practice last year (essentially to avoid night shift work. Does that make me a bad person?). Now I work in an acute care setting, which has been a pretty incredible learning experience. But my heart palpitations have increased.
In the next few years I plan to get my masters degree to become nurse practitioner.
I don’t actually vomit in my mouth too often, but sometimes the smells and sights of things that come from other humans is extraordinary. I’m just waiting for the day I see fecal vomit and then I might retire.
Below are some nursing links I like!
Food for thought:
el oh el: